We are now accepting applications until March 31, 2023, and will be scheduling interviews in April.
The 2023 Summer Lifeguard Season runs from May 21 through September 24.
Job Descriptions are as follows:
- Continuous surveillance of swimming activities to ensure that all policies, guidelines, and safety procedures are followed.
- Warn swimmers of improper activities or danger, identify and prevent hazards, and enforce pool regulations to maintain a safe environment.
- Administer first aid in the event of injury, rescue swimmers in distress or danger of drowning, and administer CPR and/or artificial respiration, if necessary.
- Inspect the pool facilities, equipment, and water to ensure that they are safe and usable.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the pool facility.
- Perform pool opening and closing procedures, greet guests, complete daily list of duties, and participate in the pool lifeguarding rotation.
- Assist in teaching swim lessons for people of varying levels of experience.
- Demonstrate strong customer service skills, communicate courteously, and establish, maintain, and foster positive and effective relationships with staff and members.
- Participate in in-service trainings, orientations, and other staff meetings as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Manager.
- Current American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification
- Current American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer Certification
- Current American Red Cross First Aid Certification
- Current American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Certification or prior swim team or lesson teaching experience
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Flexible schedule.
In addition to the Lifeguard responsibilities and qualifications above, we are looking to recruit a Manager who is a model employee for the rest of the pool staff. Additional responsibilities include:
- Scheduling lifeguarding shifts for the pool, lessons, and special events.
- Managing the swim lesson program, including registration, coordinating schedules, and overseeing guest services.
- Assist in planning and facilitating the lifeguard orientation, trainings, and in-service days.
- Maintaining Google Docs/Sheets for lessons and sign-ins.
- Approving and preparing for party reservations.
- Preparing mid-season and end-of-season evaluations.
- Assisting the Board with facilitating special events such as running the games and helping with set-up/clean-up for holidays (Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day) and Wednesday Night Socials.
If you are interested, please complete the attached Shadow-Brook-Employment-Application.
Return your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact email@example.com with any questions.