We are accepting applications for the Summer 2022 lifeguards until March 31, 2022, and will be scheduling interviews in April.
The summer pool season starts is from May 28 through to September 30, 2022.
The Job Description is as follows:
Shadow Brook Swim Club Lifeguard Job Description
We are looking to recruit observant Lifeguards to ensure the safety of visitors to our aquatic facility. The Lifeguards will understand and explain safety rules to patrons, warn them of unsafe situations, and enforce policies. The Lifeguards will play an instrumental role in maintaining orderliness at the pool facility.
- Continuous surveillance of swimming activities to ensure that all policies, guidelines, and safety procedures are followed.
- Warn swimmers of improper activities or danger, identify and prevent hazards, and enforce pool regulations to maintain a safe environment.
- Administer first aid in the event of injury, rescue swimmers in distress or danger of drowning, and administer CPR and/or artificial respiration, if necessary.
- Evaluate conditions for safety and quickly initiate an emergency action plan as required.
- Inspect pool facilities, equipment, and water to ensure that they are safe and usable.
- General maintenance and upkeep of the cleanliness of the pool facility.
- Perform pool opening and closing procedures, greet guests, complete a daily list of duties, and participate in the pool lifeguarding rotation.
- Assist in teaching swim lessons when offered at the pool.
- Maintain accurate logs and records of activities.
- Demonstrate strong customer service skills, communicate courteously, and establish, maintain, and foster positive and effective relationships with staff and members.
- Participate in in-service training, orientations, and other staff meetings as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Manager.
- Current American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification
- Current American Red Cross CPR Certification
- Current American Red Cross First Aid Certification
- Ability to judge and evaluate evolving dynamics of individuals participating in aquatic activities to immediately assess their capabilities and threats to their safety.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Flexible schedule required.
If you are interested please complete the attached Shadow-Brook-Employment-Application.
Return the application to email@example.com.
If you have any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.