Our Shadow Brook Fall General Meeting will be held on Wednesday, November 18th at 7:00 PM. The location is the teachers dining room at Bret Harte Middle School. On the agenda:
- HOA & Financial Update
- Pool Entry Process & Membership Card Distribution
- New Policy Review and Discussion: Drought Resistant Policy (including Synthetic Turf)
- Pool Deck & Parking Lot Replacement
- Open Forum
If you have any items you would like to discuss, please join us on Wednesday, November 11th at 7:00 PM. We look forward to seeing you then. As always, you can email the Board with questions or suggestions.
A Message from the President:
New Pool Entry Process
Thank you to those residents that provided input, recommendations and assistance in the new process. When implementing any change, it’s important to seek input and feedback and ensure as many issues are covered where possible. The Board did this at the last HOA meeting and with subsequent follow up. The Board believes the new process achieves the primary objective, which is to verify that only current Homeowners and Associate Members are entering the facility. We are implementing the new process in two phases.
The first phase is to have the Homeowner or Associate Member provide their name to the Gate Attendant on duty. The Gate Attendant will look up the Member in the database and ask the Member to provide their address. The Gate Attendant will collect guest fees, if applicable, and the Member can proceed entering. The new process eliminates the Sign-In Sheet at the window. This phase has been in place for several weeks and feedback has been positive.
The second phase will involve issuing Membership cards. There are two types of Membership Cards: One [Teal in color] says Member for Homeowners and the other card [Orange in color] indicates Associate Member. Each card, regardless of Membership, will have a unique bar code. Once cards are tied to a Member and issued, the Member will show their card to the Gate Attendant. The card will be scanned and the record of the Member will automatically come up in the database.
Details for Second Phase
To obtain a Membership card, each Member will need to fill out a Shadow Brook Membership Card Form. This form will be on the Shadow Brook website and available at the pool. Once the form is completed and submitted, the Member will have their picture taken and associated with the record and Membership Card.
The new system will allow multiple records/pictures tied to one address. The Membership Card itself will be one card with three additional key ring-sized cards. Each card [for a total of four] will have the same bar code. This will provide 4 separate ‘cards’ per household for convenience. If a Member does not have a card for some reason, the Member will be able to provide their name and address to the Gate Attendant for confirmation. Once confirmed, the picture will match and the Member can enter.
A few things to keep in mind
- This is a new process and the Board has tried to keep this as simple as possible.
- The database is 98%+ accurate. We are finding some discrepancies in two areas: Renters vs Homeowners and New Homeowners where Shadow Brook was not provided updated Grant Deeds. These are simple fixes but require the Homeowner of Record to contact the HOA.
- The database is comprised of Homeowners and Associate Members. The information stored is limited to names, addresses and phone numbers and children names in many cases.
- A photo will be required of adult Members from each Household. We will not take pictures of children unless they are part of a family photo. Photos will be taken at the pool when a completed Membership Form is submitted.
Questions, recommendations and feedback are welcome. Thank you.
June 10th: Greek
June 17th: Pulled Pork
June 24th: Middle Eastern Cuisine On the menu: Chicken Kabobs, salad, yogurt sauce with cucumbers, & homemade hummus with pita bread
July 1st: None. See you on the 4th
July 8th: Pasta hosted by the Shadow Brook Sharks Swim Team
July 15th: Mexican
July 22nd: Asian
July 29th: OPEN
August 5th: Food Trucks
A huge thank you to all of those who stepped up to host these wonderful dinners!