For all you social media users out there you can now find Shadow Brook HOA and Swim Club on the popular platforms. Check out the right hand side bar on any of the Shadow Brook web pages and you will see the icons for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Click on an icon and you will be immediately taken to the Shadow Brook page.
We will endeavor to use these sites to provide you with the latest information about Shadow Brook, pool information, social events and more. This is in addition to what you will always find on your up to date website.
The fastest source of the latest information will be your email. If you have not been receiving your Shadow Brook email and want to make sure you are on our email list then you are welcome to add your email via the Email Sign Up page.
Be sure to check out Shadow Brook on your favorite social media sites as follows:
||Facebook – this Facebook group is only open to Shadow Brook members and associate members. Thus you will have to sign up for this group.
||Twitter – sign up to follow SJShadowbrook. This can be seen by anyone who follows us and is not restricted to members and associates.
||Instagram – great place to share photos of your favorite Shadow Brook events. It is open to anyone who follows Shadow Brook.
We are pleased with the success we have had with the SignUpGenius and the use of the pool (not counting the endless days of closure due to air quality). Many have been using the pool.
Due to this ongoing success, your Shadow Brook board is pleased to announce several updates regarding the pool effective September 28.
- The pool will be open through November 29
- Lap Swim and Family Swim evenings have changed to two sessions on Monday, Wednesday and Friday between 5:30 and 7:30 p.m., plus two sessions on Tuesday and Thursday between 7:00 and 9:00 p.m. Plus we have 6 sessions on Saturday and Sunday between Noon and 8:00 p.m.
- We have also added an additional Adult Lap Swim between 7:00 and 8:00 a.m. Monday through Friday, effective September 28. This morning session is for 18+ only and there will be no lifeguard on duty. Members will be required to sign an additional waiver to use the pool during this time.
The SignUpGenius has been updated to reflect these changes. In order to make sure that all members have access to the pool we have a few important rules as follows:
- You only have access to two weeks at a time on SignUpGenius
- Please only reserve no more that two slots per day to make sure all your neighbors have a chance to swim
- If someone has overbooked many sessions staff may contact them to ask them to free up some space for others.
- Staff will monitor no-shows and this may affect your ability to book future times. If you cannot make it to your booked time, please cancel your booking as soon as possible but at least 2 hours prior to the start so someone else can use it.
Please visit The Pool tab in the website to access your SignUpGenius and view the presentation outlining these changes to our swim times at the pool.
Due to the continuing air quality problems due to the many fires surrounding us, we are constantly monitoring the air quality at the pool directly. If the air quality index exceeds 150 or is trending towards 150 we will not open the pool. We apologize for the situation where we have to close the pool at time, but the safety of our lifeguards and our members are our top priority. You can check the pool Air Quality Index at any time via the link provided on The Pool page.
An online Shadow Brook board/community meeting was held on September 1, 2020 focusing on the transition from the outgoing board to the new incoming board. Below are the minutes from that meeting along with the presentations made by Patrick Smith, President for the outgoing board and David Heindel, President of the incoming board.
Minutes from the September 1 2020 meeting
Outgoing Board presentation
Incoming Board presentation
UPDATE: We have extended this new procedure to September 27
As discussed at the September 1 Board/Homeowners meeting we have instituted a new sign up procedure system for reserving times and lanes at the Shadow Brook pool for weekends, Labor Day holiday and weeknights. Following is a presentation on how to reserve times and lanes and the link to SignUpGenius.
How to use SignUpGenius and Pool Configurations
Patron Checklist 2020
Our next Board meeting will be held on Monday, September 1st at 7PM. The agenda is as follows:
*Installation of new Board
Joining instructions are as follows:
Joining Information: cloudera.zoom.us/j/99261173326 (ID: 99261173326)
Join by Phone: (US) +1 877-853-5257
The Board hosted a Community Meeting on Monday, June 29th. Below is the presentation:
June 29 2020 Shadow Brook Community Virtual Meeting Posted
SB Community Meeting
Pool Season/Opening Update
Time: Jun 17, 2020 07:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Instructions: Dial the number below & enter the meeting ID when prompted. This will be a conference call only.
1 888 475 4499 Meeting ID: 980 90791311#
Join Zoom Meeting https://cloudera.zoom.us/j/98090791311
You may have noticed the pool has been in use. The pool is being used by Almaden Riptide.
- The state has slowly opened up sports over the last month
- Competitive/Club swimming was allowed to commence with limited capacity, including swim camps
- After several weeks or preparedness, Almaden Riptide began a swim camp on June 1st under strict guidelines and conditions
- If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Shadow Brook Board is continuing to plan for an opening of the Shadow Brook pool. Although we are still working through the details, we wanted to provide you with an update. Currently, we are considering lap swimming from 6PM to 8PM for 25-minute sessions. This is subject to the continued mandates and guidelines from Santa Clara County. Please continue to check this site as we progress.
The Board will be scheduling a community call the week of June 15 to provide an update and additional details.